Day 1 Schedule:
- Arrival at Udawalwe National Park Campsite at 12.30 hr
- Lunch will be served at the campsite
- Evening Safari at Udawalwe National Park in 4WD safari jeep
- Return to the campsite
- B.B.Q. Dinner around the campfire.
UDAWALAWE NATIONAL PARK is the second most popular park after Yala and is famed for its resident Sri Lankan Elephant population which can be seen in herds on large numbers. It is the only national park where an elephant sighting is guaranteed on every game drive.
Udawalwe National Park is also instrumental in the Elephant Transit Home- a project that is geared towards the conservation of the Sri Lankan Elephant. This transit camp is an orphanage of sorts where abandoned, injured or orphaned elephants are treated and then released back into the park.
As we are ‘living’ inside the park you will be first in the core areas, which are best for wildlife viewing and will be able to avoid the long travel times to the park entrance, queuing for permits which takes place before safaris begin. Even during evening safaris you will be inside until last minute and there will be no rush to get out of the park before the gates close.
Apart from the elephants there are spotted deer, monitor lizards, sambar deer, wild boar, common langur, jackal, toddy cat and the endemic toque macaque. The Sri Lankan leopard has also been sighted here, but unlike Yala National Park these sightings are very rare
2nd day Schedule
- Early morning safari in Udawalwe National Park
- Breakfast at the Campsite
- After Breakfast mini Nature walk around the campsite and Departure
Our morning safari commences as early as 6.00 in the morning, so that you are able to gain the best sightings that Yala National Park can offer. On your return to campsite after a three hour safari, you will be treated to breakfast. With our chef on board, you will be treated to a sumptuous spread.
|USD $ (per person)|
|Wild Premium Safari camping||310|
Our Service Included
- Two game drives in Udawalwe national Park
- Arrival Day evening and Departure day early morning
- Lunch to Breakfast meals (full board meals)
- National park entrance fee and Wild life Dep. Service charge for trackers
- Water and snacks during the Safari
- Nature guide
- Insurance cover
Our Service Excludes.
- Transportation to campsite (except game drives)
- Any personal expenses
- Other than above mentioned in “Service Include Colum”
Wild Premium Safari Camp
- Spacious tent with raised beds with crisp bed linen and a bedside table, fully sealed tent, with ventilation nets.
- Each tent has an outdoor sitting place consisting of two comfortable arm chairs, a shoe rack, umbrellas, outdoor slippers and a coffee table.
- Flushable Toilet and a shower with pipe borne running water are set close to your tent.
- For safaris we use front faced / cushioned seats, elevated from the jeep deck at 3 different levels for maximum game viewing and photography opportunities
- All food is freshly prepared at the campsite, in a tented fully equipped kitchen with cooling and freezing facilities.
- A delicious Sri Lankan meal exclusively prepared for the client is in place for lunch, followed by four course gourmet dinner with a BBQ specially prepared by the Camping Executive Chef.
- Electricity facilities for charging the batteries.
- Bottle of wine